Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Trailer Park: Enchanted & I Am Legend

I don't watch a lot of trailers online, so this feature will mostly feature (hee!) trailers that were attached to movies I've recently seen. Keep in mind that I live in The Netherlands, and that the trailers attached wont necessarily be the same as the ones in your country. In this post I'll combine the trailers that were attached to Enchanted and I Am Legend.

Enchanted
The Best Friend Forever and I like to play 'Guess the trailers' (read: which trailers will be attached to the movie we're seeing). Normally, we're pretty good at it, but the trailers attached to Enchanted kinda left us scratching our heads.

Bee Movie
A trailer for a movie that's already in theaters? Uhm.. okay? Even though I've seen a lot of advertising for this film, it's actually the first time I saw the trailer. I was amused by the part where the bee tried to fly through the window over and over again. However, this is not really my kind of movie as I get pretty annoyed by just hearing Seinfeld's voice.
To be viewed: on TV, when nothing else is on.

P.S. I Love You
This romantic dramady starring Hilary Swank looks really cute. So apparently her hubby (played by the delightful Gerard Butler) dies, but he left her messages that are supposed to help her get over his death. The trailer features a nice, catchy song and I see that Gina Gershon, Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Lisa Kudrow co-star. My interest is definitely piqued.
To be viewed: on DVD

National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets
This is attached because it's a Disney movie right? I liked the first one. The second one looks interesting, but I found myself mostly focused on spotting Justin Bartha. That can't be the point of this trailer right?
To be viewed: on DVD.. maybe

Elizabeth: The Golden Age
The BFF and I were most confused about this trailer being attached. Doesn't seem really appropriate for the target audience in our opinion. Since we were sitting in a theater filled with teenage girls, I'm guessing that is the target audience. Anyways, I thought Elizabeth was a good movie, but do we really need a sequel? Honestly, I'm not really interested in this one at all, but might give it a chance for Cate Blanchett and Geoffrey Rush.
To be viewed: on TV


I Am Legend
I saw this one with my sister and we didn't play 'Guess the trailers.' I actually didn't give it much thought which trailers would be attached. A rarity! I guess I was too tired from Christmas shopping.

National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets
My feelings were pretty much the same as when I first saw the trailer.
To be viewed: on DVD.. maybe

Saw 4
Saw was a great movie, and Saw 2 and 3 were okay. I personally feel they should have stopped after #3, but since these movies keep making money for little cost, we will be seeing more of them. I do want to see this though. I'm kinda curious what kind of traps they managed to come up with. Plus, Scott Patterson is in this and he's always been good on Gilmore Girls.
To be viewed: on DVD

Cloverfield
I've seen this trailer about a dozen times before, but never on the big screen. I actually quite enjoyed seeing this in a packed theater. The reaction from the crowd was pretty good, though most had no idea it was Cloverfield as the title wasn't featured like in the US trailer. We didn't get the 1.18.08 flash though. I'm excited about this movie. I like monster movies, I like JJ Abrams and I heart Mike Vogel, so I will definitely be seeing this!
To be viewed: opening weekend!

Alien vs Predator: Requiem
Great, another trailer for another sequel.. I like the build-up of the trailer with the population count down. I don't have much interest in this movie though. I've never seen an Alien or Predator movie in my life (I do realize I said I like monster movies above)!
To be viewed: on TV, when nothing else is on

The Dark Knight
I don't know why I was surprised to see this one. Guess I didn't expect to see this trailer so soon in my country. Heath Ledger looks really creepy as The Joker, but I had already seen images of him online so it kinda lost its impact on me I think. The trailer is okay. I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't worship Batman Begins, but then again, I don't care much for Batman at all. It was good seeing Maggie Gyllenhaal though! I don't know how smart it was to leave 'Batman' out of the title. I actually heard people in the theater discuss if this was a Batman movie or not.
To be viewed: on DVD.. maybe

No comments: