Monday, December 31, 2007

2007 Round Up!

It's the end of the year, meaning it's time to look back and make lists!

Movies I saw in the theater (in chronological order):
Music & Lyrics, Spider-Man 3, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, Death Proof, Transformers, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, I Could Never Be Your Woman, Live Free or Die Hard, Planet Terror, Disturbia, Hairspray, Knocked Up, Halloween, Resident Evil: Extinction, Enchanted, and I Am Legend.

A movie ticket is 8,75 euros x 16 movies = 140 euros in total! Err.. I don't really think most of these were worth all that money.. maybe some of my money.

Five favorite movies of the year (notice how I say favorite and not best, and putting them in order is almost impossible):
1) Knocked Up
2) Planet Terror
3) Live Free or Die Hard
4) Enchanted
5) Transformers

Five least favorite movies of the year (I'm not saying these are bad per se, I just didn't really enjoy them):
1) Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
2) Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
3) Hairspray
4) Halloween
5) Death Proof

Ten favorite performances of the year (in alphabetical order):
1) Amy Adams (Enchanted)
2) James Marsden (Enchanted)
3) Justin Long (Live Free or Die Hard)
4) Katherine Heigl (Knocked Up)
5) Paul Rudd (I Could Never Be Your Woman)
6) Rose McGowan (Planet Terror)
7) Saoirse Ronan (I Could Never Be Your Woman)
8) Seth Rogen (Knocked Up)
9) Shia LaBeouf (Disturbia, Transformers)
10) Will Smith (I Am Legend)

Saoirse Ronan & Paul Rudd in I Could Never Be Your WomanMovies I wanted to see, but didn't get around to seeing (in alphabetical order):
2 Days in Paris, Across the Universe, Atonement, The Darjeeling Limited, The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, Gone Baby Gone, Good Luck Chuck, Into the Wild, The Jane Austen Book Club, Juno, Lars and the Real Girl, License to Wed, Live!, The Mist, My Blueberry Nights, The Nanny Diaries, Paris, Je t'aime, P.S. I Love You, Ratatouille, Saw 4, Southland Tales, Sunshine, Superbad, Waitress, Zodiac

Top Five movies I'm looking forward to in 2008:
1) Cloverfield
2) He's Just Not That Into You
3) Fanboys
4) How to Lose Friends & Alienate People
5) Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay

It was tough compiling the list of the top 5 movies that I'm looking forward to, because besides Cloverfield, nothing is really juming out at me.

Other movies I'm looking forward to in 2008:
27 Dresses; Adventureland; The Air I Breathe; All About Steve; All the Boys Love Mandy Lane; Be Kind, Rewind; The Box; Choke; Confessions of a Shopaholic; Drillbit Taylor; Definitely, Maybe; Eagle Eye; Forgetting Sarah Marshall; Four Christmases; Funny Games; The Happening; I Know What Boys Like; Leatherheads; The Life Before her Eyes; Made of Honor; Mamma Mia!; Midnight Meat Train; The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor; My Sassy Girl; Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist; Over Her Dead Body; Passengers; The Pineapple Express; Quarantine; The Ruins; Saw V; Sex & The City, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2; The Six Wives of Henry Lefay; Sleepwalking; Speed Racer; The Strangers; Sunshine Cleaning; The Time Traveler's Wife; Tropic Thunder; What Happens in Vegas

And that pretty much concludes my round up of 2007! Overall, I think it was an pretty okay year for movies. Some were really disappointing (like PotC: At World's End) and some were really surprising (like Disturbia). As is painfully obvious, I haven't seen any of the big award contenders so I really can't judge properly about the movies this year. I hope 2008 will be a great year, but at the moment I'm not expecting too much.

No comments: