Sunday, January 17, 2010

Review: Sherlock Holmes

I had no interest in watching Sherlock Holmes, but a friend of mine wanted to see it and I thought: 'why not, I haven't seen Rachel McAdams in anything in ages anyways.' Bad idea, Gwen, bad idea.

It's not a horrible film, not at all. It has its moments and I feel that's all it has: moments. I thought the movie was quite lacking in the story department, which is rather strange for a movie based on characters from a ton of books!

Robert Downey Jr. tries to charm his way through the whole thing. Jude Law hasn't been interesting since The Talented Mr. Ripley. Rachel McAdams looks pretty, but doesn't have much to do.

The whole look of the film is too bleak for my taste, but I did like the costume design. Overall, worth a look if you like this sort of thing. I was rather bored though. A 3/5.

No comments: