Thursday, August 26, 2010

Reviews: Centurion and Toy Story 3

Centurion is Neil Marshall (The Descent)'s latest effort and it seems the man just really likes doom and gloom. Visually, it's great. The battles are gruesome and Marshall doesn't shy away from it. Michael Fassbender (looking too 2010s for the time period), Olga Kurylenko (Quantum of Solace) and Imogen Poots (28 Weeks Later) give good performances. But there just wasn't much of a story here. It's battle, battle, battle. And if you like that sort of thing, you will definitely enjoy Centurion. A 3/5.







Then there's Toy Story 3. I finally saw it! Yay! And I loved it! It was great seeing the gang again, Woody, Buzz, Rex and even the little green aliens. The movie felt a bit long, even though IMDB tells me the runtime is only 103 minutes. I could've done without the scene at the garbage dump. It felt like dramatic filler. The end made up for it though. It really was a lovely scene and yes, I cried! Well played, Pixar. A 4,5/5. PS. I want Buttercup the unicorn!

No comments: