Saturday, January 3, 2009

Review: [Rec]

I feel I'm the only person not raving about [Rec].

TV reporter Angela (Manuela Velasco) and her cameraman are covering the night shift at the local fire station. They receive a call about an old lady at an apartment complex and decide to check it out. The old lady turns out to be infected with something and the police (or whatever) decides the quarantine the building with everyone in it.

It's a good movie, don't get me wrong. But what is so special about it? What sets this apart from other 'infection' movies? I think it was fairly predictable how this was going to play out (and I haven't even seen Quarantine).

In the final five to ten minutes, the movie gives us an explanation for the happenings. An odd choice as it slows the film down.

I hear they are making a sequel. Why?

Overall, the movie is worth a look. Just have low expectations and you'll be fine. A 3,5/5.

No comments: