Sunday, June 15, 2008

Review: National Treasure 2

I don't understand the hate for National Treasure: Book of Secrets. Movies like this are made to entertain and that's exactly what NT2 does. I don't watch movies like this and think 'oh this plot is so contrived. This could never happen.' If I wanted to see something realistic, would I really be watching a Nicolas Cage movie?

Now I can't say much about the plot, because honestly, I've already forgotten most of it, but it includes the following: Abraham Lincoln, Mount Rushmore, kidnapping the president and the City of Gold. Throw in a cast that includes Diane Kruger, Jon Voight, Helen Mirren, Bruce Greenwood, Ed Harris and the appealing Justin Bartha (we need to see more of him in movies, TV, basically everything), and you've got yourself a fun film.

Stop the hate. Just turn of your brain and enjoy. A 3/5.

No comments: