Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Katherine Heigl graces Vanity Fair

The talented, beautiful and amazing Katherine Heigl graces the cover of the January issue of Vanity Fair. As you can see, the cover is absolutely stunning. I cannot wait to see to see the rest of the photoshoot! But the cover alone makes this issue a must-have for any Katie fan. Katie has been a favorite of mine since her Roswell days. I started watching Grey's Anatomy because of her. I'm absolutely thrilled the show brought her the recognition she deserves. Katie delivers a strong performance every week. She was nominated for a Golden Globe and won an Emmy earlier this year. That's why I kinda have to laugh in disbelief at an article posted on my favorite movie site, JoBlo.com. The writer claims that Katie is ungrateful, because she thinks the Judd Apatow hit comedy Knocked Up is "a little sexist." As you can read on the Vanity Fair site, Katie says, "It paints the women as shrews, as humorless and uptight, and it paints the men as lovable, goofy, fun-loving guys. It exaggerated the characters, and I had a hard time with it, on some days. I’m playing such a bitch; why is she being such a killjoy? Why is this how you’re portraying women? Ninety-eight percent of the time it was an amazing experience, but it was hard for me to love the movie." I don't understand why the writer seems to think Katie owes her career to this movie. And she's not slamming it. She's simply stating her opinion. I can see her point of view. Her character kicked Seth Rogen's character out of the car and drove off. And the scene where Leslie Mann thinks Paul Rudd is cheating on her? Ugh. However, Knocked Up is actually one of my favorite movies of the year. Stop with the hating just because she dislikes certain aspects of the movie. Must we all worship at the shrine of Apatow?

And just for the record: I paid my 8,75 euros to see Katherine Heigl on the big screen again. She was a star to many people long before the movie got released.

No comments: