Saturday, April 11, 2009

Congrats, Sarah and Freddie!


People is reporting that former vampire Slayer Sarah Michelle Gellar is expecting her first child with husband Freddie Prinze Jr.! The cute couple have been married since 2002.

Sarah and Freddie met each other on the set of 1997's I Know What You Did Last Summer, but didn't start dating until 2000. They have since appeared together on the big screen in the Scooby-Doo movies.

I love them together! They're fun to watch on screen and they seem like a nice couple in real life. Here's an excerpt of Sarah's 2002 interview with Movieline:

Who knew it was love first - you or Freddie?
You ask him, he's going to say me. It was probably me, but there's one "movie" moment that happened where we both looked at each other.

Was that moment when you worked together on IKWYDLS?
Oh, no. We were just friends then. We had nothing in common other than just hanging out and having fun. He was in a serious relationship then.

So when did that moment occur?
Five years later. We lost touch when he got really busy doing She's All That and Head Over Heels. Then he broke up with his girlfriend and did that thing where you try and get back in touch with your old friends. And I called him and said I heard he was back and if he wanted to go for sushi to give me a call. I'm still learning how to talk about this because I've never had a relationship that's public before.

What did Freddie have that none of your previous boyfriends had?
He balances me. We're both homebodies. We love to have friens over. We love board games - we'll play them until three in the morning. I love Scattergories, Scrabble, Director's Cut, Facts in Five.

How many children would you like to have?
No idea. If you ask Freddie, he'll say "a gaggle, a bushel."

No comments: