Sunday, March 16, 2008

Trailer Park: 27 Dresses

I don't watch a lot of trailers online, so this feature will mostly feature (hee!) trailers that were attached to movies I've recently seen. Keep in mind that I live in The Netherlands, and that the trailers attached wont necessarily be the same as the ones in your country. In this post I'll review the trailers that were attached to 27 Dresses.

Step Up 2 the Streets
Hey it's that guy who was in She's the Man with original Step Up star Channing Tatum! [...] Yeah, I don't really care about him or the Step Up movies at all. I'm pretty much done with all those dance movies.. they annoy me more than all those spoof movies! I spotted the gorgeous Will Kemp in the trailer which made me smile. Not because he's gorgeous but because he's a dancer in real life so I can appreciate his casting. Will should make more movies.. haven't seen him in anything since Mindhunters and Van Helsing.
To be viewed: you've got to be kidding me right?

Sex & The City
I'm looking forward to the Sex & the City movie. I loved the showed, but at first I didn't think a movie follow-up would be a good idea. It's already been 4 years and the series wrapped up pretty nicely so there wasn't really a need for a movie. BUT, now that it's filmed and all, I am looking forward to seeing all my favorites again. Charlotte! Steve!
To be viewed: opening weekend!

Mamma Mia!
Oh my.. I was looking forward to this but the trailer, IMHO, is pretty horrible. It's so cheesy. Or is that the point?! Amanda Seyfried is an incredibly pretty girl, but doesn't look like herself here. Too tanned? I can't put my finger on it. While watching the trailer, my BFF leaned over and said: "Meryl Streep is way too old to be playing Amanda Seyfried's mother. Maybe grandmother." I couldn't agree with her more. I haven't seen the musical, but the thought of a Meryl Streep/Colin Firth pairing is rather disturbing. And when the cast names are shown, why isn't Stellan Skarsgard mentioned but Dominic Cooper is? Who the hell is Dominic Cooper?! Skarsgard thrumps Cooper!! GAWD! People have no respect these days.
To be viewed: in theaters maybe otherwise on DVD

No comments: