Monday, February 25, 2008

80th Academy Awards

I don't have much to say about this year's Oscars. Marion Cotillard and Tilda Swinton's wins were surprising. I'm not saying they didn't give great performances, I just expected Julie Christie and Cate Blanchett to win like pretty much everyone expected Daniel Day-Lewis to win.

I don't really care though.

The only person I wanted to win was Casey Affleck. But who can blame Javier Bardem?

Also: why wasn't Brad Renfro included in the In Memoriam section? Like Heath Ledger really is all that better than Brad Renfro? Shame on you, Academy!

Anyways, let's talk about Amy Adams! PHENOMENAL! She performed Enchanted's Happy Working Song, which was nominated for best song, but didn't win. That's How You Know should've won, but that didn't happen either.. eh... BUT! Amy Adams! Gorgeous! Talented! Gotta give credit to a girl who can own the stage all by her own and sing amazing live.



But then Kristin Chenoweth happened.. ehh.. Kristin performed That's How You Know and I realize she's a Tony Award winner and all, but, honestly, her performance was kinda headache-inducing. Her voice is just not right for this song. I don't know why Amy didn't perform this song as well.



And finally: Katherine Heigl rocked the red carpet. Without a doubt, best dressed celeb of the night! *hearts*

No comments: