Friday, July 16, 2010

Poster: more Piranha 3D



Oh noes! What happened here? I LOVED the French Piranha 3D poster, it was teaser-y and Grindhouse-y and I liked the font! And the tagline was better!

Via IMP Awards comes the US poster and it's just too much, you know? Besides the piranha overkill here, I just absolutely detest the title font. I can't explain it, but I feel rage just looking at it.

I don't like the tagline at all. I mean, the French poster said 'Sea, Sex and... Blood' and while that isn't the most original tagline in the world, it does sum up what Piranha 3D is supposed to be: a fun, cheesy B-movie. The above poster's tagline is just trying to cash in on the 3D trend. AND WE ALREADY KNOW IT'S IN 3D, IT'S IN THE DAMN TITLE!

And the poster is too glossy. If I was on Twitter, I would add a #fail.

This poster does give us a look at the cast billing. No one's billed above the title. Good. Then we get respectively Elisabeth Shue, Adam Scott, Jerry O'Connell, Ving Rhames, Jessica Szohr, Steven R. McQueen with Christopher Lloyd and Richard Dreyfuss. Sounds good to me.

2 comments:

10 Things I Hate* About Your Movie said...

Why are all of those people whom I like (I'm particularly obsessed with Adam Scott at the moment, thank you Party Down and Parks and Rec) involved in this movie? I mean, Elisabeth Shue? What happened???

- Jenny

Gwen said...

I'm sharing the Adam Scott love! But I don't know, it just sounds like a fun project to do. I can't wait to see the movie. :)