Thursday, October 23, 2008

'Haunted' the Movie?

Variety is reporting that Brian Levy is optioning the rights to Chuck Palahniuk's novel 'Haunted', which Koen Mortier will adapt and direct. Well, good luck with that.

I've read 'Haunted', which is comprised of 23 shorts stories and one main story to tie them all together. How is one movie supposed to do the novel justice? I think it would work better as a mini series.

I hope Mortier will include Cassandra in the film. She was my favorite character and 'The Nightmare Box', one of the stories which featured her, was my favorite of the bunch. I actually don't care much for the stories that don't feature her. It will be interesting to see how they pull off 'Guts' though!

Megan Fox as Cassandra?

Personally, I'd rather see 'Survivor' finally hitting the big screen. I can't believe 'Choke' ended up getting made first!

No comments: