Thursday, April 3, 2008

Trailer Park: Untraceable

I don't watch a lot of trailers online, so this feature will mostly feature (hee!) trailers that were attached to movies I've recently seen. Keep in mind that I live in The Netherlands, and that the trailers attached wont necessarily be the same as the ones in your country. In this post I'll review the trailers that were attached to Untraceable.

Doomsday
At first I thought I was watching the trailer for a zombie movie. 28 Weeks Later popped in my head, but then I was like.. wasn't that released months ago? Then I saw Rhona Mitra (= stunning!) and then I remembered the existence of Doomsday. Only (my bad) I thought it was an Uwe Boll movie instead of Neil (The Descent) Marshall's latest effort. Whoops! While I really liked The Descent, I'm gonna take a pass on this one.
To be viewed: someday on TV

The Eye
Good lord, this trailer was attached to The Mist and that was ages ago! I thought The Eye was released already. *state of confusion*
To be viewed: if there's nothing better on TV

The Ruins
I got so excited seeing this trailer on the big screen, it was almost sad. Really. See, little horror movies like this one usually don't get theatrical releases here, but apparently The Ruins does. So yay! I'm really looking forward to this. Maybe because I'm so tired of all the J-horror of the past years. Gawd I miss the post-Scream slasher craze. I know a lot of people hated it, but I'll take Urban Legend any day over The Eye/Shutter/One Missed Call. But back to The Ruins (no sequel pun intended), it looks good. The concept seems original (but compared to J-horror, everything is!), looks visually pleasing and it stars Jonathan Tucker, who is also visually pleasing. Throw in Iceman.. er I mean, Shawn Ashmore and Laura Ramsey and you've got yourself a cast that will no doubt do a better job than the Turistas did (no offense Josh Duhamel and Melissa George - you're both awesome!). Jena Malone - I'm not so sure of. IMHO, she's always the weakest link in an ensemble.
To be viewed: opening weekend.

Vantage Point
Matthew Fox on the big screen. It surprises me everytime. What some prime time success will do for your big screen career, huh? After "Party of Five", I thought this guy had fallen of the face of the earth. But Foxy seems like a cool guy so I'm happy with more of him on the big screen. Vantage Point looks interesting, but it's not the type of movie I would go see in theatres. Definitely a rental though! IMDB tells me Leonardo Nam is on this. He's a talented kid who co-starred in The Perfect Score and The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. I wonder what he's been up to?
To be viewed: on DVD

No comments: